The humble binder clip is one of our favorite organizational tools—and not just in the workplace. Here are some clever ways to use binder clips throughout your home.
1. To Display Art
2. To Reseal Snack Bags
I use binder clips in the kitchen to reseal already opened bags of cookies and chips (they’re for the kids, I swear!). I find that they work much better than whatever resealable mechanism the product designers thought up.
3. To Ensure Wires Stay Put
4. To Keep Cords Neat for Travel
When I travel, I like to wrap chargers and ear buds and keep them contained with the help of binder clips. Read Smart Buy: Cord Tacos from Los Angeles–Based This Is Ground to learn why I am particular about making sure these wiry tech necessities don’t get tangled up.
5. To Create a Makeshift Sofa Cover
N.B.: Featured photograph by Matthew Williams, styling by Alexa Hotz, for Remodelista: The Organized Home.
For more Aha! Hacks, read:
- Aha! Hack: A New Purpose for the Magnetic Knife Rack
- Aha! Hack: Is This the New Pegboard? Margot and Fergus Henderson’s Clever Grid System
- Aha! Hack: A Vintage Washboard as Dish Drying Rack