Julie wrote about the historical building, in Stroud, England, some years ago, when it was listed on The Modern House (see her story here). Today we’re dissecting how its former owner, Niki Turner (who has since sold the property), pulled off interiors that feel brilliantly undone without sacrificing storage and organization. Here, seven ideas to steal from this beautifully lived-in estate.
1. Set up a station for wellies.
2. Forego a dish rack.
3. Go vintage for your storage needs.
4. Opt for storage furniture instead of built-ins.
5. Put your collections on display.
6. Create space for books, then let them pile up.
7. Utilize baskets for all the little stuff.
Loving Niki’s interior design style? See the full house tour here. And also be sure to see our write-up of the chapel that she transformed into a home here.
N.B.: This post is an update; it was first published March 2018.
For more ideas from inspiring organized homes, see: