If you are a regular visitor to Remodelista, chances are high that you’ve come upon a kitchen designed by Plain English, a bespoke kitchen design company based in the UK. In fact, Julie introduced readers to them back in 2009 and since then, the site has covered their projects a number of times, including here and here. And here and here, just to name a few.
The hallmark of Plain English design is the impressive craftsmanship that goes into their cabinetry—and their focus on the individual storage needs of clients. Here are 10 storage ideas to steal from one of the stalwarts of traditional European cabinetry design.
Photography courtesy of Plain English.
1. Store essentials out in the open.
2. Use drawers for plates and bowls.
3. Find space for a coffee station.
4. Consider produce drawers.
5. Place the pantry behind glass doors.
6. Turn the kitchen island into a storage workhorse.
7. Plan for a towel rack.
8. Put narrow “dead space” to work.
9. Give thought to the interiors of cabinets.
10. Build them up and high.
N.B.: This post is an update; it was first published on March 9, 2018.
Let us make finding kitchen storage solutions easier: