Welcome to Your Weekend Project, featuring how-tos and ideas from our archives for an organized and inspired home.
No doubt about it, when it comes to domestic efficiencies the fitted sheet is a dream invention. Yet, too often it’s an absolutely nightmare to fold. All those elastic edges just refuse to be tamed. Fortunately, there is a way.
With the help of my husband, Chad, here’s how to properly fold a fitted sheet.
1. Hold the sheet with the elastic facing you.
2. Turn one corner pocket inside out and slip the other corner pocket inside of it.
3. Run your hand from that doubled corner pocket to the next corner pockets.
4. Tuck the remaining elastic corners into the final corner pocket.
5. Lay the sheet on a flat surface.
6. Fold the fitted sheet lengthwise.
7. Fold the fitted sheet again.
N.B.: This post is an update; it was first published on Remodelista on March 16, 2018.