Sister site Remodelista showcased the no-nonsense yet beautifully considered kitchens of professional chefs this week, culminating in a roundup today of 12 such inspiring spaces. Be sure to check out Yes, Chef: 12 Chef’s Kitchens from the Remodelista Archives, as well as the posts below.
- Another kitchen we admire: The staff kitchen in the basement of antiques dealer Christopher Howe’s showroom. See The Downstairs Plain English Kitchen at Howe London, and be sure to check out the artful teacup storage.
- Design eye candy awaits in A Melbourne Victorian’s Contemporary Overhaul by Hecker Guthrie. The walk-in closet is one of the most glamorous we’ve ever seen.
- If you missed Remodelista’s first-ever Facebook Live home tour, it’s not too late: View it here. You’ll find a ton of renovation tips from Jess Thomas and Andrea Fisk, of architecture firm Shapeless Studio, who turned a Brooklyn brownstone (Jess’s) into a thing of beauty.
- Over on Gardenista, Margot introduced us to a disruptor in the houseplant world, Bloomscape, which not only ships “living-room-ready” plants to your home but also provides detailed care instructions as well as a free help hotline. See Houseplant Disruptors: The Instant Jungle Courtesy of Bloomscape.
- Speaking of plant instructions, if you’ve ever been stumped by the symbols and directions on tags that come with store-bought plants, read Houseplants: How to Decode the Info on Plant ID Tags.