A subject close to our hearts: How to achieve inspiring interiors without spending a ton. Our sister sites both covered the Elegant Economy theme with panache. Here are some posts that we will be sure to revisit soon for ideas to steal.
- Elegant Economy week wouldn’t be complete without a mention of Ikea. Alexa did a deep dive into our archives to surface some pretty impressive examples of tricked-out Ikea kitchens. See In Praise of Ikea: 15 Ikea Kitchens from the Remodelista Archives.
- In addition, Margot unearthed a new Ikea kitchen for us to admire. See Kitchen of the Week: A Designer’s Own Ikea Hack Kitchen in Provence, Before and After.
- And Julie discovered surprisingly chic hardware from Joanna and Chip Gaines’s collection for Target. See Stylish, Vintage-Looking Hardware from an Unexpected Source. (Also, be sure to see our picks from their Magnolia line.)
- Rejoice! Disruptors have entered the cookware and tabletop industries. Meredith shares the best direct-to-consumers brands for pots, pans, plates, glasses, and more. See 10 New Kitchen and Tabletop Disrupters.
- Gardenista also covered our favorite budget purveyor of Swedish style. See Ikea Summer 2018: 10 Best Products for Outdoor Living on a Budget.
- And we were tickled to learn the trick to making poppies last! Who knew? See Rethinking Poppies: How to Make a Fragile Flower Last Longer.