Last month, Annie shared a particularly charming Maine kitchen over on Remodelista. It belongs to designer Lili Liu, a designer, and Blake Civiello, an architect (and Maine native), and it is a thing to behold. Formerly a lobster pound, then an art gallery, the charming space is now the summer kitchen for the couple and the vacation cottage rental they own. Below, some artful storage ideas to steal from this humble, lovely room.
Photography courtesy of Blake Civiello and Lili Liu, from Kitchen of the Week: A Couple’s Summer Kitchen in a Former Lobster Shack.
1. A counter trough keeps counters clear.
2. You’ll know where everything is when everything is out in the open.
3. Crates are cheaper and more charming than drawers.
For more artful kitchens, see:
- 7 Artful Storage Ideas to Steal from Chef David Tanis’s Low-Cost Kitchen
- 7 Storage Ideas to Steal from a High/Low Beach Shack
- Aha! Design: A Countertop Pocket for Plates