When sisters Becca and Jess Stern decided to go into business together, they had a singular mission: to elevate the humble storage locker. They discovered their niche thanks to Becca’s love of utilitarian vintage designs and need for practical storage. To make lockers that are useful all over the house, they came up with a range of five sizes and cast them all in a palette of 10 head-turning colors
Becca lives in Newcastle, Australia, and Jess in London, where the two grew up, and their company, Mustard Made, first launched in Australia, the UK, and Europe in 2018. It’s newly available in the US. Here’s a sampling, no combinations to memorize.
The lockers are manufactured at a family-run factory mainland China, in a city that the sisters describe as “the epicenter of locker production: it’s kinda like buying Champagne from France, they know how to make our products really well and have all the resources locally to make it possible.”
Check out these inspired uses of lockers in home settings:
- Kitchen of the Week: A Mexico City Makeover in Apple Green
- A Homey Brooklyn Townhouse with a Modern Garret (scroll to the end to see the lockers)
- Rehab Diary: Storage in Unexpected Places, Home Office Edition
For more locker sources, see:
- 10 Easy Pieces: School Locker Cabinets for High-Traffic Areas of the Home
- A Labor of Love: Heartwork Office Furniture
N.B.: This post was first published on Remodelista on March 10, 2022.