Forget Febreeze: Dawn De La Fuente, owner of herbal apothecary S/he Studio, shares a DIY for a more subtle, calming air freshener with marjoram, ylang-ylang, and sweet orange. Here’s how.
How to make an all-natural air freshener
- 5 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops marjoram essential oil
Add a few drops in this ratio to a diffuser. Or combine these amounts with 2 ounces of distilled water in a small spray bottle, shake well, and spritz as necessary.
Remember to take care when using essential oils, and always test in a small, discreet area before applying. You may want to consult your physician (and your veterinarian) before using.
N.B.: This post is an update; it was first published on Remodelista on June 1, 2017.
And for more essential oil DIYs, check out our past posts:
- DIY Essential Oils in the Home: Lavender Linen Freshener Spray
- How to Use Essential Oils in the Home: Make an All-Purpose Cleaner
- DIY Essential Oils in the Home: All-Natural Insect Repellent