We’ve been spying a bunch of projects lately in which unpainted wood takes the design lead. The modern version of the look leans toward a more natural finish, the better to appreciate the wood’s innate characteristics and imperfections. Our editors at Remodelista rounded up some inspired timber-heavy projects, and, as always, we found a ton of storage ideas to steal.
- We found more custom wood shelving to obsess over in the extraordinarily serene retreat profiled in A Puget Sound Cabin that Rests Lightly on the Landscape.
- Remodelista’s Kitchen of the Week features one of our perennial objects of desire: produce drawers integrated into a kitchen cabinet. See A Greatest-Hits Kitchen for a Danish-American Couple in London.
- Alexa sourced some great wooden nightstands, including a good-looking option for just $39.99. See 10 Easy Pieces: Modern Wood Bedside Tables.
- This is the zero-cost DIY storage project we’ve been waiting our whole lives for. See The New Rusticity: 11 DIY Ways to Use Branches Indoors.
- We’ve got plans for you this weekend. If you live near Brooklyn, New York, be sure to check out juried art and design festival Brooklyn Designs, of which Remodelista is a media sponsor. For details, see May 11–13: Brooklyn Designs Show at the Brooklyn Museum.
- Time to start planning for your best outdoor life now that warm weather is here. See on Gardenista: 10 Easy Pieces: Portable Outdoor LED Lanterns.