Like the rest of the world, we’ve been on royal wedding watch all week. And to prepare for the big day, our editors at Remodelista and Gardenista decided to revisit their favorite stories from across the pond. Take a look for a dose of spot-on Brit style.
- On Remodelista, Julie takes us on a tour of a chic and modern inn inside a 17th-century church in Somerset: A Room at the Inn: At the Chapel in Somerset.
- Inspired by Saturday’s royal wedding location, Alexa shares her favorite Windsor chairs: 10 Easy Pieces: The Windsor Chair, Revisited.
- And here’s a British Standard kitchen built in response to Prince Charles’s wish to bring well-made cabinetry “to the people.” See A Kitchen for the People, Courtesy of Prince Charles.
- This London kitchen of a ballet dancer turned couturier (she designed Camilla Parker Bowles’s wedding dress) is just exquisite. See Kitchen of the Week: A Culinary Space Inspired by a Painting.
- Our editors did manage to get in a few non-British stories, like Meredith’s post on a reusable coffee filter made from cloth. See Shopper’s Diary: Slow Textiles from GDS Cloth Goods.
- A must-read if you’re house-hunting: Remodeling 101: What to Look for When Buying a House: 8 Small Signs that Signal Big Problems.
- If you like checklists, you’ll enjoy 10 Things to Do in the Garden in May over on Gardenista.