We are hanging on to summer for dear life and ignoring the fact that September is just around the bend. Last week our sister sites celebrated garden and home design in Maine; this week, they continue their rural fixation, spotlighting inspired properties in the English countryside. Here are some highlights.
- Designing a kitchen? Make sure to check out Remodeling 101: The U-Shaped Kitchen (Plus 10 Examples) for inspiration.
- Having guests over for dinner? Here’s a lovely way to make the experience feel special. See DIY: How to Make the Simple Cooling Cloths from the Lost Kitchen in Freedom, Maine.
- Shopping for furniture? Julie found a great new source: A New Furniture Collection from &Bespoke in Hampshire, England.
- Still thinking about Heckfield Place? You’ll want to take a tour of its gardens: A Garden Worth the Wait: Heckfield Place in Hampshire, England.
- Considering painting your front door? Don’t do it without first reading Expert Advice: An Architectural Designer’s Favorite Statement-Making Front Door Colors.