Everyone’s always going into the woods, heading for the beach, or beelining for the lake come summer, but truth be told, city life between the months of June and September can be quite magical. Thinning crowds, easier parking, and outdoor concerts—just three of many reasons to stay put in the city. Our sister sites honored creatives and designers in metropolises such as New York City and London with a week of urban inspiration. Here’s what caught our eye.
- A new restaurant in Lisbon, Portugal, that honors its factory roots. See Urban Jungle: Prado, a New Restaurant in an Abandoned Factory in Lisbon.
- Now you can rent a luxe, super-hip apartment in Manhattan to throw a stylish dinner party. See Kitchen of the Week: The Site of Your Next Dinner Party, in New York’s Flower District.
- Gardenista also trained its eye on cityscapes this week. Check out Vice Media’s Rooftop: A Brooklyn Meadow Garden with Panoramic Views to see an inspiring swathe of greenery against the urban jungle.
- It’s not enough that Frenchwomen dress better, eat better, and age better than the rest of us; now they also garden better? See How to Garden Like a Frenchwoman: 10 Ideas to Steal from a Paris Balcony.
- And, drumroll please, the Best Curb Appeal award goes to…