Our sister sites’ love affair with all things Gallic continued this week with a slew of stories that put French design in the spotlight. Among our favorites:
- A thoroughly modern kitchen with an old soul: See Kitchen of the Week: At Home in the French Countryside with an Upstart Champagne Producer, Vipp Kitchen Included.
- Margot discovered a stylish and sumptuous hotel—just outside of Paris—set on 500 picturesque acres. See Le Barn: Paddock Living at a Rustic-Chic Retreat Outside of Paris.
- We didn’t know we could fall in love with a light switch—until we saw Beautiful Basics: The Brass Light Switch and More by Meljac.
- Over on Gardenista, Michelle revisits some of her favorite French balconies. See Perfect Parisian Balcony Gardens: 7 Favorites from the Gardenista Archives.
- And Fan grills Rowan Blaik from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden on What You Need to Know Before You Plant a Tree or Shrub.