Our happy place is at the intersection of beautiful design and practical functionality—so we were very, very happy when our sister sites indulged in Flemish design this week. Here are some highlights from their deep dive.
- The copper countertop with an integrated dish drainer in Remodelista’s Kitchen of the Week also gave us pause. It’s stunning—and smart, given the space constraints. See Kitchen of the Week: deVol’s Urban Rustic Kitchen Gets a Glamorous Update.
- Meredith alerted us to a new line of elevated everyday products (think brass utensil holders, knife blocks, and waste bins). See Elegant Household Objects from Belgian Designer Marc Merckx.
- Julie shared her current Object of Desire: deceptively simple oak vessels from Belgium design star Michaël Verheyden.
- Over on Gardenista, Michelle shared hers: a weatherproof teak stepladder for storing and displaying plants. See Object of Desire: Folding Plant Shelves.
- If you enjoy a good task list, check out 10 Things to Do in the Garden in June, Michelle’s must-dos to prepare for late-summer, flower-wilting heat.
- Do you love to show off your artfully organized pantry? Do visitors go crazy over your neatly appointed refrigerator? Are your kitchen’s beautifully arranged open shelves your pride and joy? Enter Remodelista’s 2018 Considered Design Awards in the Best Kitchen Organization category! The winner gets $500 to spend at Schoolhouse. To enter, go here. For more information about the awards, go here. Open to amateurs and professionals alike.