Remodelista and Gardenista were full of genius ideas this week for rehabbing your home on a budget. Here are some must-reads for serious and beginner DIYers alike:
- Another inexpensive way to refresh your home? Instead of installing new wood floors, paint them. See Farmhouse Refresh: An Antiques Dealer’s Clean and Simple Family Retreat on Shelter Island to see the charming results.
- All subway tiles are alike, right? Wrong. See designers’ top picks (high and low) in 7 Favorite Architect-Approved Sources for Subway Tile.
- New year, new doormats. Check out On Chic Footing: Understated Doormats from Colombia.
- Annie writes about our latest obsession, Arket, Europe’s design-worthy, budget-minded home goods retailer: Report from Sweden: Introducing Arket (the Next Muji?).
- Some of the shelves Alexa rounded up in 10 Easy Pieces: Budget Garage Shelving would work well indoors, too.